Oxford IPO Working Dog Club was founded in April 2015 and is a member club of the Canadian Working Belgian Shepherd Association.
The initial objectives behind the creation of the Oxford IPO WDC, besides consolidating our small training group into an official structure, are:
- To help club members and their dogs to achieve the highest level of IPO/IGP titles and placing in competition to the best of the team’s ability
- To promote humane and thoughtful training methods for the working dog and to support responsible dog ownership and breeding practices for all breeds
- To protect and promote the sport of IPO/IGP, by training dogs and organizing IPO/IGP trials
- To encourage and promote good sportsman-like competition at trials and training sessions
As Belgian Shepherd fanciers, these objectives also include:
- To encourage owners of Malinois and other Belgian Shepherd varieties to train in the sport of IPO/IGP
- To preserve the Belgian Malinois and other Belgian Shepherd varieties in accordance with the Breed Standard as a working dog
- To interest and educate the public about the Malinois and other Belgian Shepherd varieties, IPO/IGP, and its practical applications.